lauantai 25. toukokuuta 2013

Days 241-242: Waiting around to voice things


24-25052013



This is a point I am only now becoming aware of as I have been observing myself within interaction with a specific other person. When one is in the presence of another person this is experienced somehow: I enjoy the other, resent the other, feel excited around the other, get nervous around the other, et cetera. Every time I am in the presence of another being I experience it in some way, which is a manifestation of who I am and not something that can be “blamed” on the other. Now I have become aware of a pattern of not being aware of how I experience the company of another, which leads to me never directly expressing this to the other. This then leads to situations where I am asked, for example, what it is I want from the interaction, or how do I feel about the relationship, or what do I see the possibilities of the interaction to be – and I cannot answer, because I have not faced my experience of the other person and actually believe that I just do not know. This has led to many relationships of mine getting stuck because I was too caught up in the experience of being in the presence of another to be aware of what it is I am experiencing.

So to make up for this I have come up with some behavioral patterns. Recently (today, actually) I have used the pattern of creating a scenario in my mind of saying things “at the right moment” - and when the moment never comes things go unsaid. Today I waited around to say things at the “last moment”, but due to practical reasons it turned out to be impossible, and so I missed a chance to express myself because I wanted to live out a dramatic scenario instead of saying what I wanted right away. Another pattern is to wait around for the “urge” to say things – like when you're overcome with love and joy and happiness and sing out “I love you” with angel choirs and fanfares - but when this “urge” never comes things again go unsaid. It is like I have used this urge as a confirmation of what it is I experience with another instead of stopping and asking myself in self-honesty what is actually going on. So here energy has been a replacement of self-awareness.



I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to lose myself into how I experience myself in the presence of another, mistaking the other to be the cause of my experience when in fact I am causing the experience by accepting and allowing the other to trigger something in me.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to indulge in how I experienced myself around X instead of stopping to question why it is I felt the way I did.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to be directed by my experience instead of directing myself aware of my experience and its origins.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself, when and as I have developed a relationship towards another person, to not stop and ask myself why it is I am drawn to / resent the other, and instead justify going along with the experience unquestioned by thinking it's “natural” to be drawn to / resent another, believing that it's something that “just is” and cannot be influenced.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to get overwhelmed by how I have experienced myself in the presence of another person and to thus believe this “big” experience must be caused by something “bigger” than me – and I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself, when and as I have believed this experience to be caused by the other, to thus attach the value “bigger than me” to the other and create a relationship of separation and inequality.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to not question why I enjoyed X's company because I was afraid the experience would fade, not realizing that all experiences fade sooner or later and that they are not here to be held onto but to be learned from.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to not realize that when I initially experienced myself as funny, interesting, attractive, mature and capable of support in the presence of X I meanwhile built a character / behavioral pattern with which I could uphold the initial experience that felt good, thus continuing to live as a character instead of allowing myself to morph and change within the trust that who I am will not disappear.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to not be self-honest about how I experience myself with another and to thus disable myself from being honest to another about my experience.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to sabotage my communication with another by not communicating with myself.

--

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to refrain from communicating my experience to another by reacting to my impulse to express myself with fear, “pulling back” from doing it as I conjure a worst-case scenario, giving myself an excuse not to express myself by creating a scenario where it would be “appropriate” to express myself in this particular way, and then living as self-suppression by thinking “nah, I'll do it later”.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to fear sharing my experience to/with another as I have feared that another would react negatively and resent my expression, thus rejecting who I am in that moment, which I have learned to take personally.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to take it personally when another chooses to not agree with my self-expression, not realizing that even though the response of another works as a mirror of who I am, it is initially the other expressing him/herself in interaction with myself.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to create a habit of avoiding expressing myself to others based on earlier experiences where I have been rejected and where I have not had the understanding to not take it personally.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to create a habit of reacting with hesitation to my impulse to express myself.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to not see, realize and understand that this habit does not serve my well-being (nor anyone else's) but only supports me to live as self-suppression – as less than who I actually am.



When and as I react to an impulse to express myself with hesitation - by physically “freezing” and thinking “no” – I stop, I breathe and I realize I am repeating a behavioral pattern that is based on the misinterpretations of my past self, who perceived herself to be “at the mercy” of everyone around her. I breathe to relax the tension from my body in order to allow the “freeze” to melt away. I forgive myself in breath for suppressing myself and living as less than I am. I remind myself that to express myself without limitation is to live as self-honesty, which is the root of any and all constructive interaction. I continue on to express myself within and as self-trust. If the experience persists, I ask myself what it is I fear and I investigate further.



I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to justify not expressing myself by creating a scenario within my mind with me and others as puppets, not realizing that “the right moment” I am looking for is actually a specific kind of an energy charge which I think/believe/perceive would most likely be obtained in certain conditions.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to justify not expressing myself to another by creating a desire towards a specific energy of “dramaticness”, “greatness”, “epicness”, “sorrow”, “joy”, “love” and “bittersweetness” which I would obtain by saying things “at the last moment”.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to believe and perceive that saying goodbye is “dramatic”, “big”, “epic” and “meaningful” and to want to live according to this perception unquestioned.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to not realize that “saying goodbye” - parting from another person's physical presence for an unknown period of time – is “big” only within the mind-reality of images, scenarios, fantasies and stories as in this physical reality we are a one big organism the parts of which are one with and equal to each other, in constant movement and in simultaneous relation to each and every particle there is, be there physical encounter or not – and that it is thus not “big” to part from one as there will always be others and because the relationship exists even though there is no interaction.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to confuse giving recognition to another being as an individual whom I now meet in this moment of time and space, to elevating the other by perceiving him/her to be “more” because of our chance meeting.



I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to wait for an “urge” to express myself because I have believed and perceived this “urge” to mean I am now being truthful – not realizing that this “urge” is actually a shot of energy which I have accumulated during a long period of self-suppression and that even though the release of this energy is self-honest (“this is who I am now”), it's creation is dishonest as it happens unaware and for the purpose of living as energy.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to not realize that this “urge” to express myself is the result of consecutive self-suppression during small moments of wanting to express myself and choosing not to.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to not realize how backwards it is to suppress my impulse to say something just so I could maybe say it later with higher energy.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to not realize that by suppressing myself in the moment of breath for the sake of “big moments” I have done my relationships a disservice and caused many of them to become impossible to live in.



I commit myself to not wait around for energy to move myself for me to express myself, but to instead push through the moments of hesitation within and as self-trust.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti